Congratulations to NJ Life members IAAI President Bumper Moylan and 1st VPBarry Grimm, along with the newest IAAI Board Member Joseph Herzberg.
NJ had a great showing at this year’s ITC in Frisco Texas with 11 members attending !!!
Three Life members of the NJ chapter @ the ITC in Texas Newly elected 1st VP Barry Grimm, past IAA Board Member George Wendt and the New President Bumper Moylan
JERSEY STRONG !!!!
FACT:!!! This will be the first time that the president of the IAA will be from the same chapter for two years in a row!!
SEE TRAINING COURSE PAGE FOR APPLICATION
SEE THE TRAINING COURSE PAGE FOR DETAILS!!
NFPA’s electrical safety tips and tips sheet offer information about the safe use of electrical cords and extension cords. The electrical safety in the home section of the website offers an overview of electrical safety around the house.
- For consumers
- Arson & youth fire setting
- Emergency Preparedness
- Escape planning
- Fire & safety equipment
- Gasoline & propane
- Hoarding and fire safety
- Mine fires and explosions
- For public educators
- Sparky the Fire Dog
- Safety tip sheets
- Fire Prevention Week
- Sparky School House
- Safety Source blog
- Partners in safety
- Fire safety hero stories
NFPA offers important information on a variety of important safety topics — everything you need to know to keep you, your family, and your neighbors safe from fire and related hazards. Use our free safety tip sheets, our facts and figures, and downloadable reports and statistics to help advance safety in your community. Browse the categories below, or use our search engine to find the topic you’re looking for.
- Arson & youth fire setting Children playing with fire, arson and intentional fires.
- Causes Candles, cooking, electrical, heating, smoking and more.
- Emergency Preparedness Disasters can occur suddenly and without warning.
- Escape planning Learn the steps to create and practice a home fire escape plan.
- Fire & safety equipment Smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, home fire sprinklers and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Gasoline & propane Always handle gasoline in the home or propane-powered equipment cautiously.
- Hoarding and fire safety Many fire departments are experiencing serious fires, injuries, and deaths as the result of compulsive hoarding behavior.
- Holidays Fireworks, Christmas trees, Halloween, and more.
- Occupancies High-rises, hotels/motels, nightclubs, nursing homes, and more.
- Outdoors Grilling, lightning and wildland fires.
- Populations Older adults, people with disabilities, urban and rural communities.
- Vehicles Vehicle fires, and safety at service stations.
- Mine fires and explosions Mining and mineral processing facilities represent significant fire and explosion exposures.
June 8, 2018
The mission of the New Jersey chapter of the IAAI is to fulfill the needs of its dedicated and professional members; To unite for mutual benefit those public officials and private persons engaged in the control of arson and kindred crimes; To provide for exchange of technical information and to promote new techniques and developments through education; To cooperate with other law enforcement agencies and associations to further fire prevention and the suppression of crime; To encourage high professional standards of conduct among arson investigators and to continually strive to eliminate all factors which interfere with administration of crime suppression.